Serving as an instant energy booster, banana is one such fruit that is commonly available across the globe. Many of us do not wonder how good this fruit is and how many different uses it can have, but from serving as a great snack food for our hunger to treating dull hair and dry skin, banana does it all. Adding this versatile fruit in our daily diet can give plethora of benefits to the body.
When talked about facts a single piece of banana is said to contain only 90 calories making it a healthy snack to munch rather than sugar loaded goodies or deep fried treats. Blending this extremely nutritious fruit in smoothies is another good way to fulfil your hunger needs. Now let us take a look upon how this delicious drink proves advantageous for our skin, hair and health.
- Improves Digestion – Being rich in fiber, bananas assist the movement of food in digestive track which in turn contributes to better digestion and prevents constipation.
- Energizer and Stress Regulator – Bananas contain natural sugars like glucose and fructose which provides an instant boost in the energy levels. Also these easy to make banana smoothies are extremely rich in tryptophan which motivates the body in production of serotonin, a hormone that provides best help in calming down a person’s mood.
- Moisturizes the Skin and Help It Glow – Being a great natural moisturizer, the vitamin A content present in the banana restores the lost skin moisture and helps in repairing the damaged, dull and dry skin.
- Help Removing Dead Skin Cells & Have Anti Ageing Benefits – Bananas are high in antioxidants level, thus including it your daily drink helps in removing the dead skin cells. Also due to the large number of nutrients present in bananas, this type of smoothies is a good source to fight wrinkles and keep the skin youthful.
- Enhances Hair Health & Appearance – Being rich in folic acid that makes our hair shine, consuming banana smoothies daily keeps our hair moisturized and very well hydrated.
These delicious smoothies appear like a sweet, indulgent treat but when made with healthy ingredients, they provide the required nutrients too. You can also enhance the flavour by adding plain yogurt or fat-free frozen yogurt to get that extra thickness. Try making this wonderful drink at your home and take a step forward towards benefiting your hair, skin and health.