Smoothies are always considered as a great supplement to a healthy and nutritious diet. Whether you drink smoothies because they’re convenient, or just straight-up delicious, there’s absolutely no doubt that they are the bee’s knees. Between the heat and humidity, exchanging a meal or two with this delicious drink isn’t the worst idea. Maintaining the right balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats, is what that makes smoothies totally meal-worthy.
Using your favourite fruits and vegetables, and a high powered blender will surely give you a good stuff. But before you shell out your huge amount of money in buying a best quality blender it is important to consider the pros and cons of joining this smoothie revolution.
- This is a great way to boost the consumption of fruits and vegetables for the people who keep themselves away from them.
- Offering convenience in preparation, these easy to make smoothies are a great way to expand nutritional repertoire.
- One great disadvantage of having a smoothie is that it doesn’t satisfy us for as long as whole foods do.
- Premade smoothies usually have high sugar content and low fibre content, overconsumption of which can lead to problems.
However, practicing the following tips will assist you in increasing the smoothie’s satiety and nutrient value, preventing calorie overload and making it more beneficial to consume.
- Choose Whole Fruit –
Making fruit smoothies by using whole fruits rather than fruit juice helps in increasing the fibre content and reduces artificial sugar content. You can also experiment making smoothies with frozen fruits if fresh fruits are not available.
- Blend In Healthy Fats –
Blending ground flax, chia seeds, hemp seeds etc. in smoothie will actually increase the intake of plant-based omega-3 in your body. You can also try adding almond, peanut butter, and avocado as well.
- Get Creative with Flavours –
Never stick on one fruit or green. It is always good to get creative with flavours by using different ingredients in smoothies so as to never get bored with.
Smoothies are professed as a win-win food for people trying to lose weight and eat healthfully. Try making this delicious, tasty and nutritious drink at your home and get to know how routine consumption of healthy smoothies is beneficial for you.