In this new post we want to introduce you to one of the newest flavours in the Life Smoothies family: Beet the Heat! A very special smoothie and if you stay until the end you will know precisely why. We will tell you all about its ingredients and its nutritional value. However, we must warn you that, if you keep reading, you will want to try it right away!
What is in our Beet the Heat?
This delicious smoothie has very unique but powerful ingredients: pineapple, blueberries, ginger and beetroot. Slightly sweet yet spicy and with an incredible aroma, the ginger packs a punch in this smoothie, giving it a super unique flavour and with the addition of beetroot, the sweet and sour freshness of pineapple and the slightly acidic touch of blueberries.
All our smoothies are perfectly measured and created so that the first sip is a revolution of the senses. And our Beet the Heat is no exception. It is the only one of our smoothies that contains these ingredients, so go ahead and give it a try with a taste unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before!
Happiness, and also healthy, from the very first sip!
As well as great flavour, the two main ingredients are very nutritional in their own right, but when they get together, even better!
It was the Romans who first started to cultivate beetroot, although it seems that its powers were already known to the Greeks, who ate the leaves due to their high nutritional value. Here is a summary of the benefits of this magical plant:
- Perfect for athletes: Its low glycaemic index helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, releasing it slowly and steadily into the body.
- If you want to lose weight, beetroot is fat-free and very low in calories.
- Conditions like anaemia can be improved thanks to the high iron content of this plant, as well as its high vitamin C content, which helps it to be absorbed quickly.
- It also lowers blood pressure thanks to naturally occurring nitrates.
- Forget those lotions and potions! Folic acid, known as the “eternal youth” vitamin, helps to maintain healthy nails, skin and hair, due to its rejuvenating effects.
- It protects your heart and liver due to its antioxidant effects, lowering cholesterol, cleaning arteries and keeping us healthy and strong.
If the beetroot hasn’t won you over yet, then don’t forget the ginger! This superfood has been used in traditional Asian medicine for 2,000 years and is one of the medicinal plants with the greatest health benefits. Here are the main ones:
- As ginger helps sweating, it is very useful for colds and flus. This is one of its best-known benefits.
- It helps digestion and strengthens the immune system, thanks to its high vitamin and mineral content.
- It protects against brain ageing and cognitive decline due to its high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It helps to combat bad breath, as it acts as a natural astringent, stimulating some digestive processes.
All these benefits make Beet the Heat a super healthy smoothie, which together with the pineapple and blueberries provide a perfect boost of energy and freshness to enjoy this summer.
As you can see, we could spend hours telling you how delicious it is and how beneficial it can be for your body, but the only way to confirm this is to try it! What are you waiting for?